Skip to main content

Follow us on INSTA -CLICK HERE

TO REVEAL / OR NOT TO REVEAL...


Boy or Girl / Pheobe or Pheobo (soz friends quote) in this blog I am going to be discussing should you find out the sex of your baby? Should you tell people? Should you do a reveal?
What is the right thing to do?



Who are you in there?
As soon as I got to 16 weeks I had to find out. 16 weeks was hard enough not to know but so many people like to share their opinion (usually unwanted) about finding out and I can only assume those who decide to not find out get the same telling off for not knowing.
It is my baby if I want to know or not it is totally my choice so I just ignored them all but it has left me thinking that there are properly parents to be who listen to these over opinionated folk so I thought I'd (try) and help if you are struggling with the should you/shouldn't you.

Firstly, as I mentioned I found out but I knew from the start I wanted to mostly because I'm nosey but that does not mean it is right for everyone, I think there are pros and cons to both...



CONS TO FINDING OUT
  1. The Buzz - As happy as I am I found out I don't like that everyone knows, the wonder and the guessing is fun and creates even more of a buzz and it goes a little when everyone knows. My family and friends are still soooo excited for us but it just takes the mystery out of it a little.
  2. The Surprise - It takes away the surprise of finding out when the baby is born, obvious one but true.
  3. Accuracy - It is not 100%... which ok, it is probably going to be correct but it is not guaranteed so you've just wasted so much money and a whole load of pink paint. Lets me honest no one has money to waste at this time in your life.
PROS TO FINDING OUT
  1. Prep - it not 100% but you take the chance and can prepare. There is no much things to worry about when the baby is born, decorating a nursery is not on my list. Also we could never lock down names until we know what was in there.
  2. Connection - Now I am just speaking for myself here and its solely my opinion but I felt so much closer to my baby when I know what she was, not that it mattered what she was but I could just start referring to her as 'her' or 'she' rather than 'the baby' or sometimes accidently 'it' to which I then felt terrible calling her 'It' she's not a killer clown :|
  3. The actual finding out - When we and Alex found out we had a cry in the car on the way home and it made that random day so special.
End of the day the choice is yours, I can't tell you how glad I  am I didn't listen to everyone and just listened to me and Alex.
DO WHAT SUITS YOU AND YOIUR PARTNER!!

Lastly... I want to rant about the Gender reveal...
Are you for or against it? Please enlighten me...

Me personally, I was not into it. I'm just not that creative but it is becoming a bit of a competitive sport, saying that I love to watch them on instagram and occasionally cry, also seen the ones where they go wrong though and that would be me!! HA

what every you decide to do and however you do it I'm sure you will make the right decision for you. Don't get to caught up in it and the end of the day that little person in there is just amazing regardless of their gender.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Materni-tight... OK, i am going to pass on what i think is the holy grail of my very limited knowledge on the subject of pregnancy.  MATERNITY CLOTHES Trust me when i say i have done the leg work and sweated my way in and out as many clothes as physically possible the last few months. It is hard to dress that ever expanding belly, boobs, legs, bum, face, ankles, back bla bla. First question i asked myself... Do i go bigger or do i go maternity? Bigger means owning up to the fact i'm gaining weight and actually having to buy a bigger size, shallow yes but true none the less. Maternity means i'm only getting a limited time from what i buy (what can i say I like my moneys worth, not sorry) I went for bigger and bought two sizes above. I must admit now nearly 6 months pregnant they still fit, well i use 'Fit' loosely. They physically still fasten is what i mean. Well they physically still fasten pre-lunch. Anyway... they are a bit loose on the le
The BABYMOON !! Here we will chat all things babymoon, from what is a babymoon to where is best to babymoon. I recently embarked on my very own pre-baby get away so will share what i learned with you all - you can check out a few of the holiday  pics on my insta @eat_sleep_rave_repeat_uk Feel free to add in your babymoon locations and your tips in the comments section below this blog  ⇊ This is just what i found and my opinion, i wished there was someone i knew who had babymooned that i could ask hence this blog. Okay what exactly is a 'Babymoon' to put it bluntly it is the last holiday Mum and Dad (to be) get to go away without kids, a chance to relax and prepare for the chaos to come.   To sum it up it is basically this picture (Mum on water / dad on beer) BUT it is totally worth it in my opinion, just some time to chill. It is different than any holiday you've been on before if you're a first time parent. In bed for 11 and not too much sunbath